Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Denmark, I Think I Love You.


Sometimes Oprah has great shows, and sometimes it makes me want to pull out my eyelashes one by one. Today, she featured AMAZING Denmark. I didn't even know how much I loved Denmark until I learned every little detail. If I could open mouth kiss this country, I wouldn't hesitate. Among the list of things that makes me want to sell everything and hop on the next flight to Copenhagen:
  • the Danes have been named the happiest people on the earth
  • it was the first European country to legalize same-sex marriages and provide same-sex couples the same rights as heterosexual couples, in 1989
  • their government has nearly no debt (gasp, my brain cannot understand..)
  • 1 in 3 Danes use bicycles as their main mode of transportation
  • it is one of the prime contributors of official aid and founds to developing countries
  • the education system offers free and equal schooling for all
  • a common expression is "Jeg er en heldig kartoffel! (I am a lucky potato!)
  • Cheese.
So, when do we go??

No comments:

Post a Comment