Friday, June 26, 2009

Jam!

Every year around this time, I talk about how I want to make jam. Raspberry preferably, strawberry yes please, and blueberry most definitely. Have I ever actually attempted it?

Weeelllllllllllllllllllll, what can I say, summer is a busy time of year! But I'm putting my food down this year! I'm making jam and no one can stop me!!



I'll take my berry picking bum to Ovens Berry Farm located in Osgoode, about 40 minutes away from Ottawa. I will choose this farm based entirely on the fact that I know one of the Ovens and he is fabulous. So it would only make sense that berries from his family's farm will make fabulous jam, right?


And then if I'm feeling really crafty, I could make pretty little gift labels or lid covers and give them away to all my favorite people! And maybe even bake little loaves of bread to go with them! Ok, deep breath, I'm getting ahead of myself here. First, berry picking.

Oh Jam, anyone who doesn't like you is just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment