Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dear Santa

I found this note in an old photo album at the B&B I stayed at in Prince Edward County in July and have been meaning to share it. I was amazed to find so many neat old photos just gathering dust in the room we stayed in, and then I felt like I had won the lottery when I found this note.
In case you can't quite make it out, it says:

"December 24, 1925

Dear Santa,

My mother told me that a person was supposed to hang up the stocking that he had on, and I had a specially long stocking on and I don't want to be greedy so please forgive me if I hang it up. You don't have to fill it.
Love, Shirley"

Along with the note were a bunch of photos of a little girl with Shirley Temple-style curls, standing in front of the big old house that we were staying in. I wonder what ever happened to the little girl - where is Shirley now?

And just for the record, I took a photo of the note, but left it in the album for other visitors to find and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment