Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seafood Feast!

Our friends S & S had us over on Monday - woo hoo Civic Holiday - for an amazing seafood dinner. We were spoiled with the most delicious food, and a dessert that would change your life. But my favourite part might have been the homemade touches that made the dinner even more fun. Check out the seafood themed napkin holders with our names on them:


Our feast included proscciuto-wrapped scallops (to die for), lobster tails, corn on the cob, giant shrimps, fried haddock, caesar salad and homemade bread. With some red wine thrown in for good measure (ahem blurry photos), I think I might have been the happiest person on earth.

Also on the table were homemade lanterns with photos of under the sea creatures!

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of dessert, but suffice to say it was mind-alterning. BBQ grilled angel food cake and pineapple with vanilla ice cream, chocolate coated strawberries and oven roasted coconut complete with some sort of boozy sauce drizzled overtop.

I probably won't be able to fit into any of my pants this week but it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment