Sunday, July 5, 2009

One Week


I'm watching the movie One Week right now. I am loving Joshua Jackson all over again and this movie is brilliant. One minute I'm laughing, the next I feel like crying my eyes out.

Ben Tyler has been diagnosed with cancer. With a grim chance of survival in the best case scenario even if he immediately begins treatment, he instead decides to take a motorcycle trip from Toronto through the Canadian prairies to British Columbia. Along the way, he makes new friends, reevaluates his relationship with his fiancée Samantha, his job, and his dream of becoming a writer, and, after suffering some near-death experiences, learns to appreciate life.
Fitting squarely in the tradition of "road trip" movies, the film features classic Canadian scenery, roadside attractions and Canadian icons: even the Stanley Cup makes a cameo appearance.

Best Canadian movie ever.
Rent it!

No comments:

Post a Comment