Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Who You Callin' Tart?

Is anyone jealous that this is what I'm having for dinner tonight? I'm so excited for delicious veggie tart I can barely contain myself! I'm on the email distribution list for the 20 Minute Supper Club and the pictures alone make me want to turn myself into Gilbert's Mom.

Ingredients:
1 Sheet - 10- x 10-inch butter puff pastry, thawed
2 Cloves garlic
1 Cup each fresh
basil, parsley, mint
1/4 Cup pine nuts
1/2 Cup goat cheese
1/3 Cup extra-virgin
olive oil, plus 1 tbsp
12 asparagus, trimmed to 4 inches
5 small
zucchini, quartered lengthwise, trimmed to 4 inches
6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Unroll puff pastry, remove paper, cut in half and transfer to a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, chop garlic, scraping down sides of bowl. Add fresh herbs, pine nuts, goat cheese and 1/3 cup oil and process until combined. Spread mixture evenly over pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides.
3. In a bowl, combine vegetables with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables like this on pastry: 4 asparagus pieces, 3 zucchini quarters and a row of cherry tomatoes. Repeat three times for each tart.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cut each tart into three servings (in between zucchini and asparagus). Serve with green salad.

I like tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment