Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer food and booze!

There are a couple things that I just love about summer. Ok, maybe more than a couple. But one of my favorite things is just sitting outside, with some food, some booze and some good company. (Or a book...)

One of the best summer salads, in my opinion, is a simple tomato, basil and bocconcini cheese salad. Add some freshly cracked salt and pepper and you're in heaven. Unless you hate tomatoes, in which case you're weird.

Another heavenly piece of summer is the Gin & Tonic (or Soda). It's fresh, light and delicious. But don't forget the lemons and limes! As you can see from the photo above, I was so enamored by it that I didn't think to take a photo until I had almost polished it all off.

And what really makes all this food and booze perfect is the perfect companion.

I like summer. I like it alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment